Alice Chen Smith is an experienced litigation attorney who has successfully tried many cases to verdict. Her primary focus is litigating and defending personal injury cases, with an emphasis on premises liability, product liability and catastrophic injury/wrongful death cases. She practices throughout California, including Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Santa Barbara County and San Diego County in trial and appellate courts. Her great results and dedication to her clients has led to her selection as a Super Lawyers – Southern California Rising Star since 2012.
Alice obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies from the University of Chicago in 2002 and her Juris Doctor degree from Loyola Law School in 2007.
She is an elected Board of Director for Los Angeles County for ASCDC and is routinely a moderator/speaker for ASCDC seminars.
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability
- Civil Litigation
Awards & Recognition
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012-2019
- Alice Chen Smith appointed to the Los Angeles County Bar Association President's Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession
Alice Chen Smith was recently appointed to the LACBA President's Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession, and will serve on a committee of highly accomplished professionals, law professors and judicial officers. She will be working with the Women Litigators/Change in the Court and Law School Outreach sub-committees, whose mission is to promote diversity in the legal profession and provide law students throughout Los Angeles with support and guidance from women in various fields of practice.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC), Elected Board Member for Los Angeles County
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association (SCCLA), Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Alliance for Children's Rights, 2009 - 2010
- Alice Chen Smith and Lauren Lofton Participate in the LASC Young Women’s Leadership Conference to Mentor Los Angeles Area Students03.14.2019
- Alice Chen Smith Selected as one of Top Women Attorneys of Southern California; Los Angeles Magazine and Super Lawyers05.17.2018
- California State Bar
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2007
University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- B.A. - 2002
- Major: International Studies
- Mandarin Chinese