Alice Chen Smith is an experienced litigation attorney who has successfully tried many cases to verdict. Her primary focus is litigating and defending personal injury cases, with an emphasis on premises liability, product liability and catastrophic injury/wrongful death cases. She practices throughout California, including Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Santa Barbara County and San Diego County in trial and appellate courts. Her great results and dedication to her clients has led to her selection as a Super Lawyers – Southern California Rising Star since 2012.
Alice obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies from the University of Chicago in 2002 and her Juris Doctor degree from Loyola Law School in 2007.
She is an elected Board of Director for Los Angeles County for ASCDC and is routinely a moderator/speaker for ASCDC seminars.
Areas of Practice
- Products Liability
- Civil Litigation
Awards & Recognition
- Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012-2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC), Elected Board Member for Los Angeles County
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association (SCCLA), Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Alliance for Children's Rights, 2009 - 2010
- Alice Chen Smith Selected as one of Top Women Attorneys of Southern California; Los Angeles Magazine and Super Lawyers05.17.2018
Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2007
University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- B.A. - 2002
- Major: International Studies
- Mandarin Chinese