Courtney R. Arbucci is a seasoned, experienced trial attorney, defending clients in both state and federal court.
Ms. Arbucci started her career with a prominent law firm in San Francisco where she successfully defended claims arising out of construction defect, toxic tort and catastrophic tort injury.
As the daughter of a retired San Jose Police Officer, she subsequently transitioned to the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office, Central Trials, Criminal Litigation Branch, where she had the opportunity to represent law enforcement agencies and officers in California.
Throughout her career, Ms. Arbucci has successfully represented numerous manufacturers of multiple products, including industrial equipment, swing stages, suspended scaffolds, swimming pool covers, tractors, trailers, aerial work platforms, golf cars, recreational equipment and electrical systems. She has also represented land-owners, corporations and restaurants in premises liability actions arising out of slip & falls, as well as catastrophic injuries. She has a deep understanding of the complexity of medical claims and the expert discover necessary to tactfully and tactically move a case through trial or appropriate resolution.
Ms. Arbucci was a Partner with Haight, Brown & Bonesteel prior to joining YOKA | SMITH, LLP.
Co-Presenter (2021): California's Sky High Case Values: What's Really Driving the Dollars Up?
- Co-Author (2020): Design Defect's "Consumer Expectations" Test; When it it Unavailable?
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch - 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024; Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants; Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Catastrophic Injury/Wrongful Death Defense
- Class-Action and Complex Tort Actions
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Defect
- Employment-related Defense
- Governmental Liability
- Industrial, Heavy Equipment, Construction, Industrial Ovens/Mixers, Railroad Cars
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Gonzaga University, B.A. Business Administration, Public Policy & Law (2006)
- Golden Gate University School of Law, J.D. (2009)