Patrick R. Ball
- T: 213.427.2300
- F: 213.427.2330
Patrick is a member of the firm’s Business Litigation, General Liability, and Transportation practice groups. Patrick has a broad range of experience representing corporate and individual clients in claims, lawsuits and arbitration hearings involving wrongful death, catastrophic injury, premises liability, trucking and transportation, class action litigation, commercial and business litigation, false advertising and unfair competition, toxic torts, and labor and employment issues.
Patrick also has significant experience defending manufacturers and distributors in products liability matters, including sporting goods designers and distributors, theme park operators and automobile manufacturers.
Prior to joining Yoka Smith, Patrick was part of a team of attorneys that served as national defense counsel in serious and high-profile investigations, claims, lawsuits, and crisis management situations pertaining to fraternal organizations throughout the United States. In that role, Patrick investigated and litigated matters ranging from sexual assault to fraud and misrepresentation in California, Nevada, Colorado, Michigan, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island.
Patrick started his career in the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office where he was a Deputy District Attorney. While there, Patrick tried over 30 jury and court felony and misdemeanor trials to verdict. As a criminal prosecutor, Patrick conducted hundreds of felony preliminary hearings involving charges ranging from driving under the influence to murder.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Orange County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Five Tips To Help GCs Navigate California’s Legal WatersOrange County Lawyer Magazine, 01.06.2017
Past Employment Positions
- Messner Reeves, LLP, Partner, 2019-2022
- Archer Norris, Associate/Partner, 2014-2018
- Hewitt, Wolensky, McNulty & Hixon, Associate, 2012-2014
- Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, Law Clerk/Deputy District Attorney, 2005-2012
- California State Bar, 1998
- Idaho State Bar, 2021
- Bachelor of Science in International Business - Pepperdine University, cum laude, 1998
- J.D. - Pepperdine University School of Law, cum laude, Cali2006.