- Los Angeles
- T: 213.427.2300
- F: 213
Chad Chen represents national and multinational clients in both litigation and non-litigation matters. Chad’s litigation practice includes representing corporate clients in commercial and business disputes, product liability defense, and class action defense. Chad has represented small and large companies in commercial matters, as both plaintiff and defendant, involving breach and/or termination of complex contracts, misappropriation, patent and trademark infringement, breach of warranties, unfair competition and fraud. Chad also routinely counsels corporate clients in pre-suit investigations, pre-suit demands and advises clients on liability and damage exposure analysis in pre-litigation matters.
Chad’s non-litigation practice encompasses a wide range of work from the daily management of client contracts to counseling on business transactions to serving as outside general counsel on behalf of clients in their dealings with local, state and federal agencies. In this capacity, Chad has represented clients in dealings with the US Treasury, Department of Commerce, US International Trade Commission, and various state and local tax authorities. Chad also is involved with and counsels clients on day-to-day business activities, including the purchase and sale of assets.
Prior to joining Yoka & Smith in 2012, Chad worked in-house at an alternative energy company, and served as a judicial extern for United States District Court Judge Otis D. Wright, II, and United States Bankruptcy Court Judge Barry Russell.
Awards & Recognition
- Attorney Chad Chen Earns Super Lawyers® 2021 Rising Star Recognition - Business Litigation
- Alice Chen Smith and Chad Chen Have Been Selected as a Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Stars for 2020
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Pasadena Bar Association, Member
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
Past Employment Positions
- Collins Collins Muir + Stewart, Associate, 2008 - 2011
- United States District Court - Central District CA, Extern to Judge Otis Wright, II, 2007
Southwestern Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2009
- Law Review: Journal of International Law, Executive Board Member Editor, 2007 - 2009
University of California, Irvine
- B.A. - 2005
- Honors: With Honors
Major: Economics and Political Science
- Mandarin Chinese