Lauren is an associate at Yoka & Smith, LLP. She was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Pennsylvania State University in 2007 and her Juris Doctor degree from Rutgers Law School in 2012.
While attending law school, she was Associate Business and Marketing Editor of the Journal of Law and Religion, a member of Moot Court and the Civil Practice Clinic. She studied abroad at Ca’Foscari University of Venice in Venice, Italy and the University of Lausanne in Lausanne, Switzerland. Lauren also served as a summer extern for the Honorable Donna Fields Goldstein of the Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Lauren was admitted to the State Bar of California in 2012, and to the United States District Court for the Central District of California in 2013. Her current law practice is focused on the areas of complex tort litigation, products liability defense, and general negligence and premises liability matters. Her practice also includes the representation and defense of fraternities, as well as construction defect litigation. She is an active member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Association of Southern California Defense Counsel.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association
- California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2013
Rutgers School of Law - Camden, Camden, New Jersey
- J.D., 2012
- Law Journal: Journal of Law and Religion, Associate Business and Marketing Editor, 2011 - 2012
- Appellate Advocacy: Hunter Moot Court
- Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project Fellow
- Civil Practice Clinic
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 2007
- Major: Telecommunications
- Minors: Psychology and Sociology
- Extern for the Honorable Donna Fields Goldstein of the Los Angeles County Superior Court