Lauren is an experienced litigation and trial attorney whose practice includes the defense of businesses, including hotels and restaurants, and individuals in catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, products liability, and business tort matters at the trial and appellate court levels. She also handles litigation involving liability for third-party intentional torts and/or crime. Lauren has litigated and tried matters in counties throughout California.
Prior to joining Yoka & Smith, Lauren’s legal practice included the defense of health care professionals and entities in malpractice actions and handling employment law matters. She also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Erithe A. Smith, United States Bankruptcy Court Judge for the Central District of California.
Lauren is conversational in Spanish.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Lauren Lofton was recently appointed to the Los Angeles County Bar Association President's Advisory Committee on Women in the Legal Profession. She will serve on a committee of highly accomplished professionals, law professors and judicial officers, with the goal of promoting diversity in the legal profession.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel, Member
- Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Women Judges, Member (Amicus Judicii)
- Alice Smith, William Choi and Lauren Lofton produce a winning Motion for Summary Judgement in a slip and fall case.02.25.2021
- Lauren A.R. Lofton sworn in as an Associate Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) with fellow ABOTA members and partners Walter Yoka, Stephen Smith, Christopher Faenza and Alice Chen Smith.01.25.2021
- Alice Chen Smith and Lauren Lofton Participate in the LASC Young Women’s Leadership Conference to Mentor Los Angeles Area Students03.14.2019
Past Employment Positions
- Bonne Bridges Mueller O'Keefe & Nichols, Associate, 2007 - 2011
- California, 2007
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2007
Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Member, Honors Trial Team
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board
University of Southern California
- B.S. - 2004
- Major: Business Administration with an emphasis in Marketing
- Minor: Philosophy